Monday, February 21, 2011

Foundation: MAC Pro-Longwear vs. MAC STUDIO FIX FLUID






                   Foundation is the most important in my book. It creates an even skintone cover some scars, blemishes, whateva you don't want the person next to you to notice! Now obviously you cannot cover a bump or the texture on you face but at least get the redness out. These are my current foundations so I decided to kinda compare them and tell you witch one is my favorite. Before I apply any foundation  to my face I always put on my VS Primer. Now I have normal to dry skin so that can differ the outcome for your own liking. If you go to MAC the'll give a free sample to try it out. So with that being said.....

                   I've been trying the MAC Pro-Longwear foundation for like 3 months, now it does last enough time in my opinion, but then again I don't wear it pass 6-7 hours at  a time so I don't know how long is capabile of staying  looking fresh. I find this foundation to dry quicker than the studio fix  when your applying it, so you got to work faster and blend in sections. This foundation is not a dewy finish but not a matte neither, I set my foundation with just a light dust of studio fix powder. I like more of a medium to full coverage but I find this foundation is like a light to medium coverage. I like how it evens out my skintone but doesn't cover enough for me sometimes, This is perfect for days when I want to do just that, and don't need to cover major things.Overall I like it, but not my fav. Where the medium coverage at??!!

                    Ok you know Mac Studio Fix Fluid is my favorite so far. I've been using this for like 3 years and I keep going back to it .My skin is normal to dry and I find this foundation to give me the look of a satin finish not too dewy or very matte for my skin, I like a little dewyness, if you have oily skin you might perfer matte finish so setting this foundation with a loose powder would be great. It gives  medium to buildable full coverage and it doesn't dry too fast so you can take your time blending.I also set this with a light dusting of  Mac Studio Fix Powder. I love it! So yeah in the end I always keep going back to my good ol' fluid but im opened to try any other ones, I've been trying some of the drugstore some are Ok, any suggestions? any good ones I should know about?


In these pictures i'm wearing Studio Fix Fluid in NC30 and powder in NC30 aswell, and a little bit of blush.


                                                                                   Thanks for stopping by <3!
                                               

                                   Be safe, stay happy healthy and true to yourself!

                                                                                Peace and Love
                                                                                           
                                                                                                    Michelle

2 comments:

  1. It looks kinda good i would say. But I Was Expecting A Silky Look And Real Flawless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have very pretty skin! iv'e used the MAC pro longwear and it just was not enough coverage for me! so i might try the studio fix! but the best stuff i've ever used so far (without trying the studio fix) is the Maybelline Superstay foundation 24h wear! best full coverage and it does stay but my skin is super oily so i use a little MAC studio fix powder here and there throughout the day around my oily areas but i've used it for maybe 2 years now and really like it! but you definitely can't use the MAC studio fix powder fully after you cover your face with the superstay it gets wayyy too heavy! you can dust a little lightly over your face throughout the day to get that matte finish because it is a little dewy! and it kind of sux because they only have like 7 shades and they're all too dark for me but i use the lightest shade and its not thatttt bad but i wish they had a couple shades lighter! but the superstay is cheap about $8 at walmart maybe $10 at walgreens and totally full coverage! so you might want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete